Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 06:24:09 PM

Author Topic: a limit means what to you  (Read 5071 times)

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
a limit means what to you
« on: February 18, 2016, 03:51:52 PM »

I took my son in law out on the ice today for his 1st time ever,  he didn't have the proper gear to stay long but we still manage to catch some eyes but only 1 keeper. While we were out there I noticed 1 group of guys (3) give their fish to one of their friends who went to his truck , left and about an hour later he returned back to the same group and they continued to fish,  listening to them talk I heard them say they caught 15 this morning and they had no plans on leaving until dark. I know as of now they committed no crime , but we all know if the bite was on they will eventually take all they can get.  Some think this is okay but to me this is what's killing the lake and yes they were even locals. Might as well pull the limit and keep all, 5 years from now lets see what the affects would be!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
Re: a limit means what to you
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 04:47:18 PM »

I'm with ya wapak ,  sometimes I see people leaving the water with hundreds of fish, all kinds. take what ya need and leave some ?  5 yrs from now with no limits    right   the only thing left would be  stunted gills and channel cats  heheheh   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 05:52:17 PM »

Agreed. Nimi is going thru that now. Fishing really declined lately and I can't help but think it was massive amount of fish pulled out the last 2 years.   A limit is what one fisherman can legally keep in 1 day one time, not 2 or 3 times. A fishery can't sustain that very long. I only keep a couple for that day. Don't like frozen fish, if I can't eat it fresh, it goes back in the lake.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 06:17:41 PM »

Yeah I know it happens.The funny thing is if you ask some of the locals at Indian why the lake isn't as good any more, they will tell you is because of the out of town guys that come to the lake and take all the fish. I'm not trying to start an argument about it,  but I heard it myself 2 days ago. From guys who have taken more eyes out of the lake in the last few days than I have in the last few years. I know not all the locals are like that (I've met some great guys up there)and I'm sure some out of town guys do abuse the lake,  but I buy my license from the same place they do and I'll fish where I please.  It would be nice not to have to hear that crap when I go fishing. I'd never act like that towards guys that came to my local lakes. 
Ok that turned into a much longer rant than I planned. Guess it bugs me a little.

Pinnacle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 07:52:29 PM »

I saw a guy do that Wednesday, go to his car with fish and come back. As far as today I did not see too many keepers caught so I would guess they were keeping shorts also. So they were double wrong I would bet.

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 08:41:17 PM »

Why wouldn't you guys call the fish cops? Double and triple dipping limits is illegal. I would have turned the a$$holes in!
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar