Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Weather

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
If I never hear the phrases cold front,  40 mph wind gusts, rain/snow mix,  or below average temperatures again I could die happy. We couldn't get cold weather this winter to save our lives, now spring is here and is cooler than a lot of our winter was. And the wind has been horrible. I haven't fished other than a couple quick trips to the river in weeks. I need to get out before my wife gets used to having me around on the weekends. Lol.
Alas, the forecast for next week is looking promising. After Monday steadily rising Temps all the way through the weekend. I hope a good forecast holds up for once. I can't take much more of this.
Ok my rant against mother nature is over. .. for the moment

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Totally get that!  Know your pain. I HATE wind like its my job to hate it!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(   Ready to get the bass boat out and not be blown off of it!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Downthehole

• View Profile
The weather has been kind to us at all! I'm not seeing bass close to the sides of our local pond yet because the water is still cold and run off is making the water muddy. It's been like this for the past few weeks now. The wind prevents decent casting so other than a couple of fishing sessions I've been in the house mostly.....not good!

I'm looking forwards to fishing!
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Saw guy

• View Profile
Sounds like if you're looking for the perfect day to fish in Ohio, you're limiting yourself to a day and a half a year. ;D

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Yeah I don't need perfect but it would sure be nice to have some tolerable conditions. Looking forward to this weekend.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Keeping my fingers crossed... what a disaster these last few weeks have been.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

g

• View Profile
Couldn't agree more about wanting calmer weather. Getting the boat out of storage this weekend, hopefully. Should have it up to Erie next weekend, depending on the weather. Good thing the crappies have been biting off the docks at Rocky fork. May try and slide up tomorrow or Sat. and hit a headboat.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Come on mother nature give us a break, my freezer is begging for a refill. Can't wait to get back on the water with my buddies
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar