Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Idle Time from fishing

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
We all are dealing with this snow in some way shape or form but after talking to one of my friends who live  on Long Island I think its time for us to slow down on the fishing until they get a chance to get their area cleaned up from the snow. I know I don't like it when the neighbor parks on the street and the plows go around his truck leaving a pile of snow in front of my house. they feel the same , we should give their plows a chance to push the snow off the roads before we start parking on the sides, Oconners has to be all screwed up I don't know for sure but they have got to be running out of places to push the snow , then on top of that we start parking at the dead end and make it worse for them. We are visitors in this area and we should respect the area or lose the area to park. This is just my thinking and 1 of the reasons I haven't been to the lake.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Wapak,

That is a very good point. Thanks for bringing that up.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If you're going to fish that area you can park on the pull-off near the bridge on 273. Someone plowed out to drives through the snow bank so we could all get in and out.

Thank you for thinking of the good people that live around the lake. They have always been very gracious with me, and I have tried to be very respectful of the fact that I fish in close proximity to their homes as I know many of you have.

And how cool was the lady that brought out the baked goods and coffee when we were all out.

Very nice of you to be so thoughtful.

Good fishin'

RatherBe
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I was there that day and I dont think I've ever seen that in my entire life of ice fishing , although I didn't go to her dock and get any of the cookies I thought that was awsome. Plus thats where I met Dave and he gave me his card to this web site and I can say that I've never went back to the other Indian Lake ice fishing site.

Vexilar