Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ICE FISHING RODS,REELS AND AUGERS

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Suffix Ice magic and PLine are two goos ice lines- use 2lb test for gills and try to get #12, #14,. and if you can #16 jigs for panfish this time of year they get finicky.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Hoss5355

• View Profile
I have a wide array of stuff that I have bought over the last 4 or 5 years.  My favorite rod is a Thorne Brothers custom panfish rod and a Pflueger President reel.  2nd is an older frabill rod that has a cut out to feel the blank by the reel seat with a quantum reel.  Also have some HT combos, and gander mountain ice combos.  To be honest, the Thorne Brothers rod feels awesome, but I don't know that it is that necessary.  I would start out with a nice rod for each of you, in the moderate price range, and then a couple cheap back ups.  I also move some of my reels over to ultralight rods in the summer for creek fishing.  I have never had issues with anything freezing up, but I normally fish in a shanty, and keep all my poles inside.

Some of my best purchases are Jet Sleds.  Those things float on the snow, and pull like a dream.  It's nice to get everything out to where you are fishing.

Lures, a cheap way to start is at jammin jigs.  I have bought some of their kits, and they are pretty good.  It gives you something to start with, and then piece in what you like.  I normally set aside $50 or so a year to spend in ice lures, and now have a pretty good array.

Vexilar