Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Outlook for the week?

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Well guys looks like mother nature strikes again. The aftermath in my neighborhood ponds doesn't look promising.  Bring on the cold temps.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Downthehole

• View Profile
Do you think lakes will recover this week? I'm seeing temps above freezing for 5-6 hours each day....
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
from what I see of the ice its evaporating but still holding a base, and the temps for the week it looks like I'm not getting on any ice for a bit.  :P :P :P kinda like last year freeze then thaw then freeze.  but I'm ready ....I have some new stuff and I need to try it out damit.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
RE-FREEZE
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
I feel for you guys ;D... Went out and checked my pond 1/2 hour ago: It's Still ON in NW OHIO!!!!

After close to an 1" of rain, wind and +50 degree temps all day yesterday, I spudded 8 holes and found 5 to 7" of ice. Had to step over the edge where it had pulled back a little. Temps this week are not to get above low 40's during day and down into the 20's at night. I will be back on the ice THIS WEEKEND.  Just be careful: spud your way out, go with a buddy, have a throw rope, ice picks and ice cleats( no snow left on ice and is smooth and slick). 

No Ice is Safe Ice and ice that has re-froze is not as strong as new ice...

Tight Lines....
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

bp17oang

• View Profile
Extended 15 day forecast shows only one day in the next 10 days with a high below freezing, with two days this weekend near 50.  Not good news.  There might be a glimmer of hope for a refreeze starting on 1/5/17. 

My wife already questions why I spend thousands on ice fishing gear that tends to just take up space in the garage... I'll let everyone know when she makes me have the garage sale.  ;)

Evinrude58

• View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah right ? all this gear for a really SHORT season, dang got rid of the bike for a boat, short season  ...help I'm a prisoner of the weather.. :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

bp17oang

• View Profile
Hopefully she doesn't find out about your generous offer...

Vexilar