Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Perch charter

bruce136

• View Profile
We are driving up from Waynesville to go perch fishing. Then to rocky Saturday afterwards for dock tournament on Sunday. Staying at blueberry hill cabins on north shore drive. Having the wives get the cabin Saturday while we are fishing (hopefully) on Erie. That way we can get points for spending time with the wives. Lol

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Nate looking good for Saturday. Sounds like the lake will be fairly calm only calling for 5-8 footers.

bruce136

• View Profile
 I don't know what weather YOU'RE looking at but I am going with your version. LOL.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
  I use weather.com/ft.Lauderdale gonna be beautiful.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Downthehole

• View Profile
I don't know what weather YOU'RE looking at but I am going with your version. LOL.

Damn...no perch Surfin then!
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Evinrude58

• View Profile
I don't consider it a true chop until they hit 12ft.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hahahaah   hey guys im laffin my a**  off, the pickle boat ? windy day ?    now i fish up there alot between lorain and conny , and the fish are turnin on . the perch arent schooled up big time so we have to look for them more . now the technique to gettin perch to hit is crappy rig w emeralds hooked twice thru the back, drop to bottom , take slack up and pound the bottom a little now drop down enough line so your top minnow is in the mud . let it lay for a bit and slow lift about 3 ft  slow... repeat   i thought about heading out of gordon  sat but that wind is ugly ... good luck    the perch and eyes are mixed right now so if your catchin perch and all of a sudden they stop   chances are an eye is down there ,      later  ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
      Thanks for the info snocone, I'm heading out Friday morning with some buds to try our luck. I think saturday is a bust but the marina won't pull the plug until Friday afternoon at the earliest.  It figures every time downthehole chimes in it curses my plans, I think he enjoys it. Oh well weather looks awsome for Friday guess I will enjoy it while it lasts.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
 Yes the weekend looks horrible. But tomorrow looks great, the fish should be really biting ahead of the storm. I am going to try for big crappie tomorrow. Might be my last trip before the baby comes.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
I'm with you snowcone,lmao!!! Good luck on Fri. Nate. Hope you get a mess of big perch. Good luck on the crappies slab. Enjoy it if it is your last trip until your baby comes.

Downthehole

• View Profile
      Thanks for the info snocone, I'm heading out Friday morning with some buds to try our luck. I think saturday is a bust but the marina won't pull the plug until Friday afternoon at the earliest.  It figures every time downthehole chimes in it curses my plans, I think he enjoys it. Oh well weather looks awsome for Friday guess I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Ha! Wasn't me - honest!
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

bruce136

• View Profile
Got a text from Nate. Perch trip is cancelled

Vexilar