Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Floating ice suit?

bshock · 8 · 5379

bshock

• View Profile
Hi All, does anyone know of a local (preferrably central Ohio) retailer that has floating ice fishing suits in-store?  I'm planning on buying a set for my wife and myself, but would prefer to try them on rather than simply order online.  We're both girthy, and want to make sure we get the right size.  I'm almost 100% settled on the Striker Ice Climate bibs and jacket because of the quality and versatility.

Thanks for any help!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Only place that immediately  popped in my head would possibly be cabelas on Polaris Pkwy
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

S. vitreus

• View Profile
I purchased the Striker Predator coat and bibs last year over this holiday weekend through Dicks. I think I got them 25% off, free shipping and returns. Spent multiple days from dark to dark out in some brutal weather in Michigan and stayed plenty warm outside a shanty. To be honest, I wouldn't spend the extra money on the Climate suit, I really don't think you need it. Very durable suit and well worth it. I did look at other manufactures and still like the Striker the best.

bshock

• View Profile
Thanks for the recommendation Ntoiceman.  I'll check out the local Cabelas but don't have much hope.  I've checked them out in past years and their ice fishing selection was not great.  The Dundee Michigan store would probably have them, but that's a three hour drive for me. 

I checked out the Columbus Field & Stream store, connected to Dicks Sporting Goods, and they didn't have ice fishing bibs either.

S. Vitreus, I suspect I'll end up doing as you suggest.  Buy them online through a local retailer, so if I have to do an exchange it will be less of a hassle. :)

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
i've had the striker coat and bibs for about 5 years. imo it's the best suit made. the bibs have adjustable inseams. and so many pockets you can lose things.

bshock

• View Profile
Pig Puncher, it's reviews like yours that pushed me to the Striker Ice brand, and the versatility of the Climate line's removable liner makes sense to me.  Plus, I'm a short-ish fella (5'9"), so the adjustable inseams of the Striker Ice bibs will certainly be nice.  Thanks so much for the post!

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
Just purchased a striker ice hardwater suit from fishusa. Unfortunately without being able to try them on i bought a large and now have to return for a medium lol. They have more selection than any place I've seen in Ohio.

Vexilar