Ice Fish Ohio Forum

12/19/16 C-5/campground

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Ice conditions were good!  Shoreline all closed up and no worries of stepping thru.  Rain didn't hurt us at all here.  Ice was a consistent 3-4" everywhere I fished. I didn't go out to the islands, but went all around the bay. Not too many holes drilled either.  Was 2 others out, I was first on. Bite was good. Decent keepers mixed with dinks and 1 perch. Had to find holes in the weeds to get fish. Number 10 clown colored tungsten jig with 1 spike got them going. Had to be rigged horizontal to get bit.  They seemed to be about 1-2' off the bottom.

PS-if going today be careful of the access road to the campground. There's as much ice on it as there is on the lake!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
there ya go buddy , fish on... I hope to get on my honey hole soon.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
thanks for report slab,planning on wed.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Vexilar