Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Appreciate the ice reports

g · 5 · 2892

g

• View Profile
I would like to thank everyone that posts ice thickness reports. Living over an hour away from most of the lakes I fish, it gets expensive and time consuming driving that far only to find unfishable ice. Knowing thicknesses in advance helps me determine when and where to go. Thanks again and please continue with your posts.
                                                                                                                 Grant

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
and NOW....
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
You know that's right, I'm kinda lucky, I work 5 minutes away from Grand Lake St. Mary's , which is only about 15 minutes from Lake Loramie and I live in wapak which is about 20 minutes from Indian Lake. With all that , on my off days I always jump to Indian and work days I hit the local lake . With great ice reports , which I try to give , it helps me decide where and what I'm fishing for, I just wished St. Mary's was like it was back in the 90's when the perch were 12" or more and the crappies were slabs a plenty. Now it's even hard to find anyone fishing the lake , let alone catching or reporting it

g

• View Profile
I agree, miss fishing St. Marys catching big crappies and perch too.

toadfish

• View Profile
I am fortunate enough to nearly live on Grand Lake St. Marys.  I see a large part of the lake out my living room window.  The warm temps, rain and wind have not done the ice any favors.  There were large areas of open water  yesterday and ice was starting to be pushed up along the NE banks.

I wish the saugeye and perch stockings would continue.  The crappies are here, just hard to find once the ice is good enough to fish.  I was getting some nice ones this fall, including a couple fish Ohio crappies.

I try to report conditions occasionally since I know lots of people drive quite a ways to fish.  I sometimes go to Indian and laromie instead of fishing in my own back yard and I like reading reports for those lakes too. I am hoping to hit lake Erie this season, but things are not looking good. More 50 degree temps are in the forecast.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar