Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Docks to fish

beanz8817

• View Profile
Anyone know if there is any lake with there docks still in the water?

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Don't know what area you are in but I've been fishing the docks at both rocky fork and cj brown. They are both in SW Ohio.

beanz8817

• View Profile

beanz8817

• View Profile
I'll look up them lake's, what would you think would be the best.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Usually rocky fork. But it's prob a couple hour drive for ya. CJ can be good at times but it's hit and miss. It's outside Springfield

g

• View Profile
I agree that Rocky Fork is probably the better choice over CJ Brown. Not sure if Deer Creek near Washington Courthouse pulls their docks or not.

beanz8817

• View Profile
We'll try CJ and the might make the travel to rocky

Green Pea

• View Profile
I have been to CJ twice in the last week and got skunked both times. Not sure what's going on there. First time I never marked a fish. Second time I marked a few but couldn't get their interest.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
You just got to find em. The crappie were hitting great around Christmas but they seem to have mostly moved out. I fished last night from about 330 till dark. Caught prob about 8 crappie and a dozen gills. Nothing big but it was fun. I am not saying its the best place to fish, but you can catch some, especially if you start finding the brush piles guys have sunk in there. Rocky fork is definitely better, but I work up around Springfield a lot so I'll sometimes go after work. I'm hoping indian will have some ice by Sunday and I won't have to mess with docks for awhile.

g

• View Profile
Talked with a guy at Rocky Sun. that fished CJ when we had first ice. He said he slayed the big crappies but when the ice left, so did the crappies. Might be worth a try when we get ice again.

Vexilar