Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Back to the docks

g · 43 · 20958

quackpot

• View Profile
After a freezer issue I have to start refilling it.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
You guys are gonna freeze. Lol. 15 degrees fri night. That's no fun out of a shanty. I'll prob come down sat afternoon or sun. Or both.

quackpot

• View Profile
I have four shantys in the truck.  It just not being lazy

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Mark and I will be heading down there Saturday morning.  ;D

g

• View Profile
I will see you guys there. May have to break up some skim ice so I will have my spud bar if needed. Shoul be there between 7:30 and 8.

quackpot

• View Profile

quackpot

• View Profile
How about a report grant, tell me what I missed out on.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I talked to grant on his way home as I was headed down there. He said it was slow all morning. Think he had 5 keepers, Rusty caught a couple and some other guys were down and maybe caught a couple. I got down there about 230. Had 2 keepers in the first 5 min. Slowed down a little after that. I bounced around from dock to dock all afternoon. Caught around 25.10 keepers. Fish are there just scattered and not very aggressive. All fish came on a 3 mm white/pink tungsten with a pink tail and a spike. Did see Steve (not sure his name on here, met him at the dock tourneys) he showed up late afternoon and was still there when I left. Gonna head back in the morning. Taking a buddy who wants to get into winter fishing.

g

• View Profile
Good job Aaron. Wonder why my post didn't go through yesterday. Fished wit Rusty, Mark , Jeff and Keith. Fishing was tough. Didn't mark the number of fish as usual on my normal dock. Everyone caught some fish but not many. I caught 5 keepers and 4 shorts and Rusty had 2 keepers and threw back 1. I think Jeff caught the big fish, a 12 1/2 in. fish. Still a good time and got to meet 2 new friends.

fishndinty

• View Profile
I fished CJ Brown marina docks yesterday from 11-4:30.  It was absolutely horrific.  I marked ONE fish that seemed spooked by my microjig and waxie.  I fished basically every dock in the marina and holehopped to numerous spots on each one.  It was incredibly frustrating, since I drove an hour from Columbus just to try out my Showdown troller 2.0 after getting it back from Marcum.

What a frustrating season.

fishndinty

• View Profile
Anyone know if Clear fork or Charles Mill marina docks stay in and are allowed to be fished in the winter?  I have GOT to use my ice stuff successfully again this winter...

Fishfeeder

• View Profile
That was me that caught the big crappie. Mark measured it at 13in. That was the only keeper I caught. Still a good time.

g

• View Profile
It was definitely a slab. Great catch even if it was your only keeper. It was nice meeting you and I will probably see you again at Rocky.

Vexilar