Ice Fish Ohio Forum

PLX/OSP Weds 1/11/2016

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Managed to get on PLX/OSP ice after work.  Fished from 5pm-6:30pm.  There were a few guys on the ice when I arrived, but when the sunset came and rains started, all of them exited.  I was ok in my Clam Nanook Shanty and getting hits on minnows in 10ft of water for a while., then the rains started coming down heavier.

I wasn't at ease nor comfortable staying out there solo and I decided to book it. 

I caught 6 Crappies and kept 4., all on minnows.  The bite was still "ON" when I left, but my conscience got the better part of me.

Looks like that'll be the end for a couple of weeks.

It'll give me time to adjust, add & improve the tackle & gear.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
It's over for sure now john,but we will get back on,don't even have a guess now as to when,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :'( :'( :'(
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thinking it's gonna be 2 weeks till we can drill holes again... Week of Jan 30th if we're lucky.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm honking the same thing.  Looking at long term I think that too. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
jon im suprised ya made it out , im thinkin the ice has turned to crap now. so looking forward im just sitting here waiting for spring now....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• View Profile
The lakes look like there on fire,theres so much fog or steam coming off them.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pic????

holehopper

• View Profile
no pics,i have a dumb phone,no internet access ,I would not know how to do it anyhow............. :D :D :D I don't even know how to get rid of bruce willis and put one of my own pics in the profile,i have tried but nothing happens,so I remain bruce willis.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 08:49:32 PM by holehopper »

Vexilar