Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Is It OVER?

quackpot

• View Profile
Took part of the stuff out of the truck this evening. Even if we get ice I don't think it will be enough for a shanty. Come on Mother Nature prove me wrong.

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Packing it all up for the year.  Time to start some seeds and get ready for the spring and summer garden.  Lots of money and time wrapped up in all this stuff. 
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm afraid looking at the forecast that it's done.  :'( :'(  I unloaded my truck this afternoon but didn't put the gear totally away in the basement for the season just yet. It's hanging out in the garage for now.  But if we don't have ice in a couple weeks, I'll be packing away for next year so I dont have to move anything to get the bass boat out!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

toadfish

• View Profile
All my ice gear is now packed away for the 2016/2017 season.  There are thunderstorms rolling through right now and the temp is 57F.  Is this the first week of February or the first week of March or possibly April?  This has been a horrible season for ice fisherman.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 I finally concede to another disappointing end to another season. IT IS OVER!!! Rain and 50 + degrees here today in NE OHIO. 😐🖕
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Am not ready to give up yet but did see the fat lady arriving backstage to warm up.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yep my gear is up, not waiting for any more ice this season.  just a weird season like last summer had all those 90 deg days , the heat did weird things to the lake and now its time too break out the boat. see ya out there
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I just finished putting away everything but a couple rods and my tackle bag for dock fishing. It's over.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Well I hate to say it but I am pretty sure I heard the fat lady singing last night.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
All my gear is up for the season.  I have a couple ice rods and a few lures in my truck for Jon boat fishing. Sometimes I ice fish out of that. Hoping to get a couple hours in Friday morning on the old Jon boat, we'll see. But ice is done!  Sadly, only got 1 trip in this year.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Not all your gear slab, some of it is in my garage! 😎
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Downthehole

• View Profile
It's a parrot guys.....

https://youtu.be/4vuW6tQ0218
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not all your gear slab, some of it is in my garage! 😎

Yes and I need to get it!!  Some of those things I'll be using for spring crappie. I use my ice tackle all year long on crappie. Not the rods usually, but all my ice tackle!! 

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
I use my ice rods all year for crappies and saugeyes. Drop the Vex over the side of the boat and ice fish with no ice. Even use my ice rods perch fishing on Erie when it is calm enough.

Vexilar