Ice Fish Ohio Forum

holy brrrrr bat man

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wowser !  just a small nor easter to wake us up. the sky is falling ?  yep er  this cold snap is keeping me out of the boat,  hell over the week end i hit the rock for some steel , it was so cold my rod eyes kept freezin up ( forgot my chap stick ) for that, was bouncing a large steelie on the bank( forgot net ) and cut my line on the rocks fell in above my knee boots filled with COLD water, caught 5 landed 3 all went back without bonking heheheh   my bud got 10 lost 2 released 6 took home 2 .. water was still dropping and all them fishes hit fresh spawn sacks.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Brrrrrr  is right ! We might be on ice by weekend! Lol just kidding,  the maumee  is calling.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Where was this weather all winter?!?!?!?
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
Great job snowcone. Sorry to hear about the boots full of water, sure makes for some frigid digits. Still sounds like a good day on the river. If the Maumee calls me Nate, I'll be sure not to answer. I will wait to get out on Erie.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I tried the Rocky twice this week I may need to get a hold of you so you can show me the ropes!! What else can you do in this weather!!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
no problem 19 , im happy to share , i was at the rock because the grand was way to high, but its dropping nice now, and with this snow there should be more run off. i like it when the river goes up and starts dropping and reaches about 400 or so , on the rock. float spawn sacks, either 2 hooks or sack on top hook and pink bead a couple inches above bott hook. adjust depth according to speed of water so your ticking the bottom, use a few split shot to find drift speed . and hang on ...since i dont combat fish the maumee or freemont anymore steelies get me thru untill the boat floats  hehehe. get ahold of me im no expert but sure have fun. if i can help  pm  me you guys ...did you get any 19 when you were up?  i saw alot of fish caught the other day , but the water dropped and fish slowed down and more males now, need warm weather im loosing my mind not boating.. but its early
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Ok I think I've had enough of this weather, come on mother nature one or the other. Either stay cold enough to ice fish or start to warm up for boat fishing.  Ugh so frustrating 😲

« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:24:57 AM by slabslayer »
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Ok I think I've had enough of this weather, come on mother nature one or the other. Either stay cold enough to ice fish or start to warm up for boat fishing.  Ugh so frustrating 😲

X2!!  I've plowed more snow this week than I have all winter.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar