Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Drill for auger.

Fishfeeder

• View Profile
Looking to get a 8in strikmaster this year and a drill for it. Something that will handle the 8in inch auger and the 10in plus ice you find up north. My 18v skill on the 6in auger petered out pretty quick last year and so did my arm. LOL. So want to see what others are using and what depth of ice you've gone through. What volt you got and how's it hold up. Thanks
Just seen a dewalt 20v,1/2in with two battery for $99.00. Anyone have one before I pull the trigger on it?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:33:34 AM by Fishfeeder »

quackpot

• View Profile
I set up a 20 volt brushless Dewalt last year. Didn't really get to try it out because of the ice situation. I don't think the batteries that come with them will work very well, so I'm getting higher amp ones.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Just so you guys know Dewalt actually came out with a 60 volt line of tools. We have been using them at work for a few months. Think they have a 3,6 and they are gonna have a 9 amp version. They are pricey but the difference over a 20 is huge. As for me I'll keep doing the old fashion way. Or have Ryan drill my holes

Fishfeeder

• View Profile
I ordered a strikemaster 8in. Bought a Milwaukee M18 from home depot for $120.00. Hope that combo works.

Vexilar