Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Hummingbird Wide 100

Evinrude58

• View Profile
My old finder on my boat died and I found a wide 100 at a yard sale that had never been opened. Installed it but it isn't working. The manual says something about listing 4 options like startup when you first power on but it isn't doing that. Anyone own one of these that may have an idea what is wrong. If I can find someone with one wouldn't mind meeting up at a lake to swap head units to see if it is the head unit or a bad transducer.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't have one, but a bad transducer wouldn't do that. The head unit will power on even if no ducer is connected.  Check your power source and see if it's plugged in the right way. I know that sounds stupid, but I just got a new helix 12 for my bow and thought why won't it turn on????  I checked with my multi meter and had power to the plug, but had the power cord in upside down. I'm not sure how that unit plugs in, but my birds are easy to invert the power supply cable.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Power is good because it goes into demo mode.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Ok. That's weird, definitely the ducer then. Have you tried it on a lake yet, or is it just a black screen when not in demo mode? 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Yea tested on it on Sippo along with my new trolling motor. Screen was normal yellowish green color and had the ft in lower right corner and a couple other things that don't change. Problem I suspect is ducer but could also be in head in the software so to speak. That is why I am hoping to find someone swap head units with at a lake so I can see which it is as I would hate to spend $50 or so on a ducer and then find out it wasn't the actual problem. Of course they would get their head unit right back. I guess it might be possible to test with another Hummingbird if the ducer cable matched.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeh the head unit has to match the freq s  of the ducer crystals     like  88 200  ect
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar