Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Perch charter

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I've heard him say that...never heard anyone else say it  ??? I was just referring to the weather on Erie every time he plans a trip on here. I almost feel bad giving him a hard time about it... almost.
I may head up erie way this weekend and hop on a head boat if the weather is nice since my boat decided to request a trip to the mechanic on sat. Think my stator went out :'(

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Well, we are going to try again this Sunday. Right now weather looks decent though going to be hot. There will be atleast 4 in our group and you are welcome to join us. Must be at WW by 7am and boat leaves at 8.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
just seen the weather for Sunday and wind predictions went from 8-10 ssw with gusts of 13 to winds of 17 with gusts of 30.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Fishermen are a determined bunch we changed it to Saturday. Here's hope the weather holds.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Get ready for one cold winter as Hell has frozen. Nate out fished the other 16 people on the charter today. He caught 5 perch, one eye and one short. I caught 4 perch, one eye and 4 white bass. Total fish for the boat was 27 perch and 3 eyes.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
I'm getting out the parka and heaters right now ;D lol. At least you guys got out. I stayed down south and fished rocky fork with my bro in law. We ended up keeping 45 crappie and 2 perch. Released couple dozen short fish along with a few small saugeye, gills and some white bass. Beautiful evening on the lake!

g

• View Profile
You didn't miss anything Aaron. Water was muddy from a big blow Wed. Figured I'd have better luck on the eyes than perch. Wrong. Only non-target species. 2 buddies had 4 eyes at around 5 PM. Glad you had decent luck and your boat is fixed.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Thanks grant. Sorry to hear the fishing sucked up there this weekend but from the reports I've seen I'm glad I didn't waste a trip up. Really want to squeeze one more but my schedule the rest of the fall isn't looking promising. Oh well...maybe it will actually freeze this year

Vexilar