Ice Fish Ohio Forum

deer creek by berlin icing up

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
deer creek today    a lot of the west end was locked up when I went by today. but the wind had the rest open. looks like its freezing whether I want it too or not...lol
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Sweetness!!  My go to crappie lake, lots if big fish in there!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Never fished DC. Sounds enticing., wouldn't mind giving it a try this season if we have good ice.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
slab I have too agree there are some big craps in there.  I will share a little spot with ya guys, directly out from the handicap parking lot about 30 or so yards drill out there, theres usually a catfish or 10 out there...hahahah.  jon  ya need good ice there   a lot of current sometimes..
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

papaperch

• View Profile
Live fairly close there. But my luck there has been mostly bad. Tons of crappies but nothing over 8 inch. Few decent size channel cats but I don't care for them. A few nice bass but again don't want them.

Even tried at night once. My FF went crazy around dusk and stayed that way until I left. Again tons of small crappie.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It is polluted with small crappie, but there are schools of big ones if you know where to look. Took me several years to figure it out.  My biggest is a 17 3/4” out of there. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar