Ice Fish Ohio Forum

got safety gear?

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ok folks here we go again,  new ice coming so lets go thru the safety stuff. mostly this is for our new and or amateur fishing friends. us old farts have and USE OUR SAFETY GEAR.
   hand spikes
   cleats for shoes
   rope and or throwable flotation

float suit if ya have
   spud bar
   whistle or something loud
   change of clothes
    friend to go along   lol
    did I miss anything?   
 fishing is a dangerous sport whether from boat or on ice, see ya out there  lol
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Be sure to fish with a friend or at least let someone know where you will be and what time you will return, I carry a towel with me besides my soare clothes. It' nice to dry off some before changing clothes. I take loose fitting spare clothes like sweat pants and sweatshirt. They are a lot easier to get into than regular clothes when you are wet and cold.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Agreed!   I always bring a coat too. If my float suit gets wet I have a dry option there too. As well as dry shoes if I wore my Ice Fishing boots out of the house.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Downthehole

• View Profile
Another: Always look at the weather forecast and keep an eye on it during the day. Remember that while the ice may have been safe when you went out it may not be safe when you come back off it.....
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

g

• View Profile
Me too slab, I have a spare coat, bibs and shoes as well as T shirt,sweatshirt or quilted flannel (usually both),sweat pants, socks and a towel. The towel helps immensely/ Easier to put dry clothes after drying off.

Vexilar