Ice Fish Ohio Forum

wow great erie year

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
since we are between open water and ice I thought I would take a sec and say what  great fishing erie is and will be for a few years to come. the eye fishing has been great, although the perch are on the down low and you don't see the large fleets of boats pulling doubles anymore.   but the lake changes every year and we change with it or ya don't do so well. but  everyone , its time to get up there sometime  yes you ...either off the beach, or in a boat. if your seasoned up there you know what I'm saying,  but if you want some new adventures try and get up there sometime. the eye fishing is strong and getting better. the trout are on also ..   we threw hundreds of eyes back this and last year, also trolling, jigging, casting from shore its ON..  wouldn't you like to catch a 27 lb laker, or a 14lb eye, or 12 + STEEL ?  ...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Everyone should experience Lake Erie fishing, both hard and soft water trips. Wish I had a boat with an outboard so I could still be fishing there until it freezes. Come on ice.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
g   you can slide up with me sometime, I'm retired and have plenty of space between my ears,  uummm   I mean time on my hands..the tricky part is watching the lake so ya don't get pounded up there. in the spring ya don't have to make those 8 mi runs to deep water, just jig ur way around...

g

• View Profile
Thanks snowcone, appreciate the invite. Will take you up on your offer next fall or sooner. LOL! I usually launch at Mazurik, how about you. My buddies got them last weekend in 38-42 ft. of water East side of Cedar Point dumping ground vertical jigging vibes and pimples. Good luck if you get out.

toadfish

• View Profile
I am hoping to get up on Erie a few times this year.  I hope to get in touch with a friend that guides and see if he can drag me & the shanty out to some fish.  A drag back in with a limit of walleye would be pretty nice too.

I wish you all a long, successful and safe season.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Yes Erie is for sure a world class fishery................
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Looking forward to getting up there for the 1st time in 50yrs.. CAN'T WAIT!
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I totally agree with you. The now and the next few years are gonna be amazing
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wow jon that's been way too long ,  maybe you can get up wth me sometime.  hey G   I like launching from all over  it just depends on where the hot zone is at the time.. usually out of  huron, then lorain or avon then working my way east following the fish. Cleveland, wildwood, painsville, conny. and then jump around just for fun...I like being mobile . hopefully erie will give up some eyes on the ice this year.. toadfish it would be nice draggin a bunch of fish back, good luck all   fish on   lolol

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
since we are between open water and ice I thought I would take a sec and say what  great fishing erie is and will be for a few years to come. the eye fishing has been great, although the perch are on the down low and you don't see the large fleets of boats pulling doubles anymore.   but the lake changes every year and we change with it or ya don't do so well. but  everyone , its time to get up there sometime  yes you ...either off the beach, or in a boat. if your seasoned up there you know what I'm saying,  but if you want some new adventures try and get up there sometime. the eye fishing is strong and getting better. the trout are on also ..   we threw hundreds of eyes back this and last year, also trolling, jigging, casting from shore its ON..  wouldn't you like to catch a 27 lb laker, or a 14lb eye, or 12 + STEEL ?  ...
You got that right Snowcone. Got into trolling this year and way to many harnesses, spoons, p10's, reef runners, and bandits later ( haha ), did very well. Unfortunately I don't trailer mine and I took it out of the water on oct 15. I dock in Mentor. They are still slamming them in Cleveland, seen 3 boats out last night and lots of rock guys. Next time your up this way searching, give me a yell.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I hear ya persuader , my buddy laughs and says we have a tackle box with a motor

Vexilar