Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Trying tomorrow 12/14/17

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
After I finish my plow route, assuming we get the snow, I’ll be trying to get on somewhere for a bit tomorrow morning.  Hopefully the snow doesn’t kill the ice.  I’ll try PLX first, then Nimi, and lastly Mogadore in the search.  That’s like a big loop and then can take 43 South to 30 and  right home.  Got my bait tonight and the early Ice gear is in my trucks back seat.  Safety gear and float suit is as well. If it’s sketchy, however, I won’t be going on alone.  Looks like a good start to the season to do something stupid by pushing a day or 2 early.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
SS... You're a veteran icer and I know you're itching get out even moreso than me since you only got out once last season.  Please don't push it, Don't go out alone.  DON'T DO STUPID. Make certain you'll be around to teach your son in the coming years.  BE CAUTIOUS. BE SAFE
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Sage advice from ibj............... ;)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Promise no stupidity!!!  The spot I really want to hit is only 75 feet offf shore.  I’m planning on tying a rope to my hitch and walking it out as I go if I even try.  The snow is scaring me off a little.  But I’ll see tomorrow. But I WONT do anything unsafe and will have a flotation suit on and safety rope tied to my truck or tree. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

fishingful

• View Profile
I will be checking my pond Friday. Been frozen for a week and a half.

Randymcfishin

• View Profile
I'll be hitting all of the same spots tomorrow morning. Wingfoot will be last on my list.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
With the long night of plowing and little sleep, I decided to play it safe.  As tired as I am today, decided not to push things.  Hopefully tomorrow after work I’ll hit someplace. 

Team Wilcraft!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
NOT GOOD AT ALL.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nope.  We need a rain and refreeze now.  That would get us instant Ice. I was afraid the snow would hurt us, especially with such little base ice.  Glad I didn’t make the trip up there.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 03:28:55 PM by slabslayer »

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar