Ice Fish Ohio Forum

I got on at Long Island.

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Please be very cautious this early season. Indian has areas with 3" that are very near open water. The wind has made ice conditions extremely unpredictable. I strongly suggest getting in touch with someone who knows the locations of open water at this point. These areas will likely be skimmed over by Thursday, but will not be safe for some time.
Don't go out alone, or in low light conditions. Be sure to have a spud and picks. Stay separate on the ice and have a rope and PFD.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:22:52 PM by ratherbefishing »
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yep   luke use the force... :-X
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Friends fishing up here on inland waters 3-4inches today
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

ICE COLD

• View Profile
Ohiofisher, would that be on Indian Lake? I am off work Friday and want to hit Indian but don't want to drive over 70 miles one way and not be able to get on the ice. Thanks.

toadfish

• View Profile
You got on the ice but did you catch any fish?  I hope you did not go for a swim!

I stood on Grand Lake St. Marys last night just after clearing the snow/sleet/freezing rain from the driveway, but it was very thin and I was where it was ankle deep.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Ohiofisher, would that be on Indian Lake? I am off work Friday and want to hit Indian but don't want to drive over 70 miles one way and not be able to get on the ice. Thanks.

No I am on the western Erie shoreline. Marinas and marshes and small ponds almost all with 3-4 + today
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Report on another site says that there is safe ice at Indian but not a lot of it. They reported maybe a 50 yard by 125 yard area then past that there was still some open water yesterday. That was posted this morning.

Downthehole

• View Profile
I think we got the cold front before the water at Indian really cooled down enough to support good ice. I have been watching the aerators on both sides of our house and they have cleared a relatively large area of ice (more than expected). It was a similar story at Long Island a couple of days ago. The ducks are loving it as the aerators pull warmer water off the bottom.

Stay safe out there.....
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Vexilar