Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Didn’t get out, but.......

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Decided not to do Nimi this morning but rather scout out a possibility.  I went a back way to my doctor and saw a small lake surrounded by offices.  Doing a lot of work for the company owning the one building I called and inquired.  I gained permission to park in the back of their lot to access the lake, but they didn’t know if there was even a fish in it.  I guess we’ll know tomorrow.  I’m trying that first, then if it’s a bust, I’ll head elsewhere. But it never hurts to keep your eyes open and inquire, with so many spots being lost to Ice fishermen it was nice to add one.  Just hope it has fish worth chasing!!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Evinrude58

• View Profile
There is a lake in canton like that I would love to try, but no idea who to talk to or if has fish either.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Where at?  That’s where this is.  Maybe same Lake.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
Good luck slab, hope you found yourself a new untapped honey hole.

Downthehole

• View Profile
Decided not to do Nimi this morning but rather scout out a possibility.  I went a back way to my doctor and saw a small lake surrounded by offices.  Doing a lot of work for the company owning the one building I called and inquired.  I gained permission to park in the back of their lot to access the lake, but they didn’t know if there was even a fish in it.  I guess we’ll know tomorrow.  I’m trying that first, then if it’s a bust, I’ll head elsewhere. But it never hurts to keep your eyes open and inquire, with so many spots being lost to Ice fishermen it was nice to add one.  Just hope it has fish worth chasing!!!

Before moving up here our house in Powell, OH had a 2/3 acre farm pond around 100yds away. I used to fish it through the ice and always caught loads of small gills and the odd largemouth. It certainly fed the fishing urge. There’’s a lot to be said for small ponds...

Good luck tomorrow slab...
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Vexilar