Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New Lake results

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Well I tried that new lake this morning and the jury is still out. It’s around 10 acres I’d say and looks like it could be promising. The people working there said the water stays clear all year with no algae blooms. I drilled over 3/4 of it and caught tons of fish, all bluegill 3-6” with one about 8”. There are places where it drops from 3-18 feet over a 5-10 foot span. I can’t imagine that dink gills are the only fish in there. The bait shop was out last night, so the dinks cleaned out my limited supply quickly. I’ve since restocked and will be hitting the lake again. Just not sure when. I’m going again Friday, but either Deer Creek or Nimi after Crappie. But I think that Lake has decent enough fish, just gotta find them.  With that depth and conditions I’d think some big ones would be there. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
sweet that ya got out guy, those little rascals are beating the big ones to the bait . I think I may give nimi a try this weekend ya know the spot where my bucket took off and shot down the lake.  I was on a small lake like that a couple days ago and the fish did the same thing, I could get them to chase but would only rise a few feet . seemed to be moving around a lot . and started getting active just before ddark.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Nice job slab. Looks like you found a decent place to fish. Hopefully you will get it figured out and find some decent sized fish.

Vexilar