Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Lowrance Chirp elite 4 ice machine vs Vex 18

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I bought a Lowrance elite 4 years ago and every year I take it out once and leave the vex at home, I've tried everything I know about this machine to make it work for me, I've seen other people use it and it seems to track their baits in real time, my set up I use seems like the thing is in a "dial-up mode" it lags bad, I've kept it because I like some of the features it has like waypoints and maps of the lakes with their depths, but I don't care for its fishing functions, the vex is sooo much easier to use, drop it into the hole, make a few minor adjustments from time to time(gain) and you're on your way. I wish I could hook up with another person who has the same machine and they can walk my butt through a set-up I like.

wmwhitten

• View Profile
I have a elite 5 and love it very quite verses the Vex units. dual displays very flexible. I watched a you tube video on how to set it up. once you get it set up right just turn it on and it works.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Yeah I'm still using my elite 4, dawg. I like it. Think I showed you on the ice last year. But I don't use the flasher mode just the graph.  I've never cared for flashers. If you are lagging bad I think there's a ping speed adjustment. Set it to fastest. Anyway I'll be at indian tomorrow if you wanna bring it. See if we can figure it out

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Ok so I have the elite 4 and I took a buddy dock fishing with me and now he wants one. But they don't make the elite any more. Has anyone used the new hook 4 units, specifically the ice pack? Or dawg you wanna sell yours?

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
The only reason I haven't  sold mine yet is because when someone goes out with me who doesn't have a sonar, I let them use it, otherwise I'd sold it 3yrs ago.

Vexilar