Ice Fish Ohio Forum

PLX Sunday 1/7

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Met Bob at his residence on West Reservoir Sunday., walked down to the ice to see his "Shanty" all set up. His "Shanty" is the Taj Mahal for PLX (truly a Lake Erie Set up).... huge..probably 8x10, wood floor, wood burning stove, internal lights, etc.  Man, what a set up.  Plenty of elbow & standing room.

Sorry to report that in 2 hrs we didnt catch a fish, but the comradere' and conversation was outstanding. (Think the dozens of snowmobilers and ATV's had a lot to do in shutting off the bite). Looking forward to some tight lines from of that shanty before ice out.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
A solid shanty is a pleasure to fish in,nothing blowing,or flapping,and warm,careful John,you might get spoiled............. :D :D :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That’s looks like a Minnesota setup!!  So jealous of that!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Duh,I was thinking it was a wooden shanty (grumpy old men)..... :D :D :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Vexilar