Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2024 Temps for Indian Lake Area

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Prepare your ice fishing gear anglers ! The cold weather is on it's way ! According to predictions, if you believe ACCU weather, Sat 13 jan 2024 starts excellent temps for ice formation in the Indian Lake region.Their predictions 13 Jan 2024 thru 9 Feb 2024 (28 days) Avg High =23 6 deg. Avg Low= 11.0 deg. But remember, don't rush it! BE SAFE! SPUD ON AND SPUD OFF !
My best friends are ice holes.

Besquick

• View Profile
Finally! It was looking very grim this past December and early January... But definitely going to get some hard water this week. I'm looking to hit moggy or wingfoot next Friday, should be a good amount of ice growth by then!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes.   Once this wind dies down, it’ll freeze up fast!   Can’t wait!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

columbusfire

• View Profile
My little 1/2 acre pond has some ice on it already! I am going to buy some waxies this week and hope for the best. I only got in 3 days last year, but I did pretty good. Stay safe.

xtown icer

• View Profile
The forecast for next week looks like it will kill whatever we get from this cold snap. It might make this weekend our only shot. If anyone has info on current ice conditions, could you please post them. looks like Monday will be the best day unless single digits is your thing.

Besquick

• View Profile
My buddy literally just went out on Zepernick, which if you don't know the area is a wild life area with pond not too far from Guilford lake. He said it was 2". So I would say if you're taking a bunch of gear on the big lakes, because they will lag behind as far as ice growth, Friday would be the earliest I would go.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ok thanks!   I figured it’d be weeks end before it’s safe.  I’ve been on Zep before.  Cool little lake.   Was he on the upper or lower one?   I’m hoping to be feeling better and over whatever it is I’ve got by the weekend.   We will have ice for sure!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

columbusfire

• View Profile
Gone fishin' not just a wishin'. 4 inches thick on my 1/2 acre pond. Getting bit on almost every drop with a tiny tungsten jig and waxie. Lost a real nice bass at the hole.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That’s what we like to see!!!   Good job!!

Team Wilcraft!

columbusfire

• View Profile
If you don't have any Clam half ant jigs..............get some!

columbusfire

• View Profile
I ended yesterday with more small gills than I could count, 1 perch and 2 bass. One bass was about 13 inches. I will be out this weekend for sure. Good luck and stay safe out there.

columbusfire

• View Profile
Today, Saturday was slower action than Wednesday, but I still caught a few. Lots of small fish so far this year. Tuesday may be the last day for a while.

Vexilar