Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice fishing today 12-11-18

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
2-3? at palm road Mogadore res saw a couple guys way out at clr I?m headed to get bait!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Wow!!!   Didn?t think it?s ready yet.  BE CAREFUL!!!   Still slammed till at least Christmas at work.  But looks like we?ll lose it this weekend.  But that?s a very encouraging start!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

z400wolverine

• View Profile
What # we on? Local Lake ?.0,lol. Might cruise up that way

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hly cow   mooooo     seems like that spot there and old state park freeze up first. everyone gets  the ice fever.  so you guys check em out ,   then maybe Friday I can get up for some steel   if im feelin the love...hahahah   

the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

kortis04

• View Profile
I figured it would be real soon.  I went checking on Sunday morning and everything was looking reeaaaalll fishy. 

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
How was the thickness?  Friday would be my first chance with work.  Think it?ll hold through then?  Should build more tonight, then a warmup with rain.   >:(
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
It?s been fairly cold so I set out to Mogadore to check a few spots. First stop was palm road most spots 2? good black ice. Didn?t fish it just spudded around. Then I headed to clr two guys were coming off the ice they informed me of the ice conditions and wished me luck. I spudded my way out to 8fow water was gin clear ice was 2-2.5 with some thinner areas.  Saw some dink gills and shad but couldn?t catch anything. It was also windy and I wish I?d have brought my shack! Packed up and headed to lansinger ice was 2-3? good hard black stuff! spudded out to 12 fow moved around some but couldn?t find any steady action.  It wasn?t nearly as windy as clr the sunshine felt good the vexliar was humming and the Iake was moaning! Caught one little perch and a few small gills! Felt great to be back on the ice even tho I know it?s gone by Saturday it was nice to get a taste of that sweet sweet December ice!

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
I?d post pictures but I don?t have time at the moment

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
kool post  you are the early scout my friend. thnx   that gin clear ice is really spooky , once at portage lakes back in chraftsman cove was out on 2 inch clear at high noon ,, man it was like walking on a piece of glass that sagged      :o
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Congrats on getting out. JEALOUS. Be careful and take all necessary safety precautions.Good luck if you get out again.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Agreed!!  

And I remember a time I did that too.  Fishing on thin, black ice I had to move every 20 minutes because it sagged so much it was flooding my fishing area.  I don?t think I?d do that again with things as they are with my family.  However, I?d have been at Mogadore today if I wasn?t so slammed at work!  Fingers crossed for Friday!

Team Wilcraft!

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Luckily this ice didn?t have a bit of sag to it today at all.

Vexilar