Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Walleye trip

Ysudep2

• View Profile
I'm from northeast Ohio and looking for somewhere to go to catch some eyes. Don't know if we'll get on erie this year so looking for other places that have ice and good eye fishing.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Houghton Lake and Hamlin Lake in Michigan both have Walleye. Went to Houghton 3 years ago and had a blast. Am considering going to Hamlin this year. I know Houghton has good ice have a friend going there this weekend for Tip Up Town, which is 23-24 and 30-31 Jan. Place is a mad house during Tip Up Town.

NorthwestOhioicefisher

• View Profile
What exactly is tip up town
Ethan Lyons

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
festival on the ice at Houghton Lake. a Town on the ice. even has a Polar bear Swim if you want. Brrrr rrrr.

Emilegrier

• View Profile
Heya guys.  Been thinking about trying to go fishing for some Walleye from the bank in Moses lake in the upcoming weeks.  Was wondering if anyone had experience doing this, or knew if early April would be an appropriate time to go?  Never been Walleye fishing before, but watched the WDFW video on Moses Lake Walleye fishing, and though I might drive over from Seattle and give it a try.  Anything i should know before i make the trip out there? 

Thanks a bunch

Vexilar