Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Where are you thinking for 2020?

Evinrude58

• View Profile
So where is everyone thinking of going in 2020? Of course, I know Erie is on the list if we have the ice. Right now am thinking maybe Simcoe, Saginaw, or the C  lake in NY. Liked Hubbard and wouldn't mind trying it again but it is a long trip thru some really back woods areas.

johntom0013

• View Profile
Fished Devils Lake ND, Clear Lake IA, Sturgeon Bay WI and A few others last season, and will again this year as well as Leech and a few others. May try Champlain if I can figure out which part of it.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Wether I leave Ohio will depend on how I heal and the stupid virus.   Had ankle surgery 3 days ago and I’ll be in a boot starting 11/24 for a while.  And if COVID keeps going, I am not staying in no hotel.   Having a Wilcraft, I’d consider sleeping in it for one night for a NY or southern MI trip if heal up.  Otherwise it’ll be local trips here for me. Knowing local areas well, I’d fish with a walking boot around here out of the Wilcraft. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Still looking at Hubbard, Saginaw and Chautauqua for a long trip. Due to the possible travel restrictions am considering day trips to Presque and Lake Arthur in NW PA. Can buy license online and take every thing you need with you including bait so no need for local contact.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
your a tough cookie joel, lol   but then again some of the antics we pulled on the ice is priceless hahahhaha
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
You know it Rik!  We’ve had some epic trips.  I still laugh out loud thinking of some of the stuff we did!  Hope we can do some more of it this year too!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

geowol

• View Profile
Planning  Fletcher Floodwaters and Cadillac both have fishable ice now

Vexilar