Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Getting Bored !

ice hole 2

• View Profile
" Here, fishy, fishy, fishy". "Here, fishy, fishy, fishy". Could not help it !  Sorry, just practicing ice fishing thoughts for next season since there is not much to do because of COVID-19 shutdown !
My best friends are ice holes.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I know!   I’m going crazy too.   I’m not even able to do any fishing at all yet.  Rotator cuff surgery March 5th.  Next Friday I see the surgeon and hopefully get released to fish at least.   Not been this bored and stir crazy in a while!!!    Right with ya!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Evinrude58

• View Profile
How are you bored, there is plenty to do. Shore fishing, boat fishing, Work on fishing gear, organize fishing gear, work on boat, wade fishing, night fishing, river fishing, lure fishing, live bait fishing, catfishing, Crappie fishing, gill fishing and any other fishing  you can think of. Oh, did I mention fishing?

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Only problem I’m not released to fish yet.  Casting isn’t allowed yet, and I can’t lift the Jon boat in the truck yet to got my crappie sports vertically.   Hopefully this will all change and I’ll be released next Friday!! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Hope your surgeon has good news for you ,Slab.I'm in the same boat with spinal stenosis
at 3 levels in lower back pinching sciatic nerve . Pain in both legs to my ankles.Very painful.On crutches.Not to make this post a doctor's report but - no back injections or surgery since it would reduce immunity to disease. Not good with COVID-19 around.Just keep taking pain pills is all I can do for awhile.Let's hope we both recover soon to enjoy ice fishing season again!                Good ideas 58 ,wish we could!!!!!!!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Agreed!   Hope we are both healed for ice season!   Good luck on your recovery too!

Team Wilcraft!

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Have caught a ton of crappie and some cats, now I need to get on Erie for some Eyes.

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Nice going, 58! Good luck on Erie!

Evinrude58

• View Profile

ice hole 2

• View Profile
I'm still here 58. Glad you are also. Just hoping for a good season with plenty of ice!!!

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Yea starting to think of where to go for out of state trip this year. Liked Hubbard last year but it is a long trip and thru some really back woods areas. Got to Erie three times this year but want to get in a couple more trips.

columbusfire

• View Profile
I'm still here. Been kayak fishing on my pond vertical jigging with one of my ice rods. Just like ice fishing, except much warmer! Gulp minnow with jig and worms from my ''worm farm'' that I keep in the garage. I will have live night crawlers to use this winter! IF we get good ice, that is.................. ;D

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Glad to hear from you,Columbusfire! Not much to do easily with COVID around. Sounds like your "worm farm" is great! Let's hope for good ice this year! You have  fun, keep writing and stay safe!

wetline1

• View Profile
I had a chance to fish St Claire this summer. Would really like to try it on the ice. We did pretty decent for the middle of July. Limited on eyes every day. Mostly on the St Claire river. Only ice fishing last year was on Sturgeon bay and Little Green Lake in Wisconsin.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bored too but still here.  Two surgeries down and one to go.  Hoping to be good to go by Christmas on the ice.  Would love to take the Wilcraft north this year if the healing goes well. 

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar