Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Local bait shops

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Hello all,  I would like to know the local spots our members go when its time to bait up for the fishing trip. Please help us recognize these local shops by matching up a bait shop to your local lakes. This also will help other members who might want to travel your way to fish. Here's my example nimisilla reservoir- Eddie's bait & tackle. And when possible lets all support these local owned businesses and give back to our communities. Thanks all for your assistance with showcasing these local shops!😁
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Tall Tales Bait and Tackle recently RETURNED near Berlin and Deer Creek lakes in Alliance.  So great to see a shop actually come back!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Evinrude58

• View Profile
In NEO not only is Mark's bait near West Branch but he is also one of the best when it comes to ice gear.

Is Tall Tales the one just north of 62 on 225?

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Is a&c baits still out there to
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Yes, Marks is great, he has tons of stuff at very reasonable prices. And if he doesn't have what your looking for he will help you find it. He will also ship something to ya if you need it.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes.  Tall tales is the one just north of 62 on SR225. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Indian Lake area - Lakeside Pro Bass Shop 11042 State Street in Lakeview  Phone- 937-843-2488.
My best friends are ice holes.

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
If your fishing in the portage lakes area or anywhere in the Akron area really,  The Pipe rack at 2200 Manchester road Akron Ohio 44314 . Always has live bait and a great selection of ice gear No shanties or augers. But Ice Rods all kinds of jigs and safety gear. Honestly they have so many jigs and other items I never get out of there without spending at least 30 Bucks. Another good thing about the pipe rack is they are always open when they say the will be. The staff is super friendly and if your into cigars they have a great selection. One downside they do not sell propane but Ace hardware right down the street does.

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Mogadore bait & tackle has everything needed when I’m fishing mogadore reservoir, Wingfoot  or elsewhere in portage county.  They sell bait propane and have a huge selection of anything anyone might want or need for a day on the ice or water shantys & augers as well.

Downside if you buy minnows they have the nastiest minnow tanks in history that water smells like a dead body year round.

Also their ice reports are totally inaccurate so check your own like you should anyway.  Don’t  take their word for it. I’ve been told strait to my face that they checked all the ice around moggy and nothing was fishable meanwhile I was there to buy bait to go fish with 7 others who where already on the ice at moggy fishing. I totally understand them not wanting to say that there’s safe ice from a liability standpoint but if that’s the case they should just say they don’t know or that people are fishing and leave it at that. They are in the business of selling bait after all.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well you guys covered the akron area, pipe rack gets my vote, mogadore  , well i have been buying my stuff from them since the 60s but there minnows  never survive....   the carry out in portage lakes has some bait and tackle  good spot if your in that area.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar