Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ICE ICe Ice ice

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Is there any good ice in Ohio, I have Monday & Tuesday off, then Friday- Sunday off.... I really don't want to drive 3 hours and fish off a dock, I can do that local.. any info on any lake would be greatly appreciated. I went through all the lake reports but with the diminished ice seasons the past 2 years, no one is reporting anything.. Thanks in advance

Evinrude58

• View Profile
In the last few days I have been on at Mogadore, and Wingfoot and have heard of people on Punderson and a couple other places.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
On Nimi too.   Heading there now. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Dave_E

• View Profile
I don't go on thin ice, but I'm gonna try to hit Nimi this weekend.

It's my home lake as I'm 5 min away.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I was on 4” at pine tree bay.  Not sure what the rain tonight and 44 degrees tomorrow will do to it, but by Thursday it looks like it’ll be frozen back up.   Checked a couple of other areas at PLX and it was junk around 2”.   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I fished my local lake of GLSM, which used to be the hotbed for perch and crappie back in the 90's... 3-4 inches of ice, the bite was slow and I used a size 16" nymph fly I tied for all the fish I caught in 3hrs on the ice

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice!!!!   Glad you got on too!

Team Wilcraft!

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I was just up there this morning. It’s only a couple of feet. It’s not worth fishing with the water level low like this. The south main side of the lake has much better fishing right now. I got some bluegills over 9 inches at Crappie’s between 12 and 13 inches this morning. All parked at the south main boat ramp and walked from there.

Team Wilcraft!

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Ok thanks slab, was wondering where to go.  Can I ask how much ice?

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
3-4” where I went.  All west side. 

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar