Ice Fish Ohio Forum

my next shanty heater

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i have been  checkn out my next heater, instead of a big heavy buddy heater this one looks like it will be nice and light.  im not getting any younger and the need to lighten the sled is a must.  cant believe how my sled looks like a junk wagon   hahah   now the next thhing is that heavy gas drill......cant seem to load any pics   got lucky with the one  haahahahah
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 08:20:39 AM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
thats the one i have,plenty of heat for my eskimo flip shanty........
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

King-fish

• View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nice ,   glad you guys have them ,  beats my heavy heater   lol   hows the run time on the 1lb tanks
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

King-fish

• View Profile
Im pretty sure I got about 6-7 hours on one tank

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
 I'd say the run time is actually probably longer than that. And it's plenty hot enough. Unless it's really cold and windy, I can only run it for 10 or 15 minute in my Kenai thermal without cracking the door or I get too hot. The smaller size and lighter weight plus less heat make it about perfect for a one man flip.
And I started using a clam plate with a 900 series Dewalt drill on my 8 inch laser auger this year. Even with a 60v battery it's not super heavy, and can really chew some ice. All the snow this year makes you really think about all the crap you haul around doesn't it? Lol
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 04:45:30 PM by 30inthabucket »

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Totally agreed!   And yes those are great heaters!  I don’t have one, but am planning on it for next winter.   The Buddy will stay in my Wilcraft and my Clam thermal flip will I’ve the smaller one.  Can’t get rid of the shanty for those lakes I can’t use the Wilcraft. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Yeah, Snowcone, I'm in the same boat. Must lighten the load.Going to put Mr. Buddy Heater away along with the heavy gas drill, going electric! Handwarmers usually do a good job but sometimes you need more heat on cold and windy days. Good idea, buddy! I'm going to buy one and use as needed.
My best friends are ice holes.

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Have one and it works really well in the 1 man. I sold my gas but still am looking to lighten the load some more. Thinking about going to one of those jiffy pops considering a 2 man is only about 20 lbs. Are they to much hassle is you want to move around?

Justanothericehole

• View Profile
I love my 1960's Coleman catalytic heater have had it for 36 years ,  but i have to count is as a person in the shanty lol.

Vexilar