Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Nimmy eyes

Evinrude58

• View Profile
I have said for years when people say there are eyes in Nimmy that if there are they are rarer than a sighting of Bigfoot riding a unicorn. Well Wednesday night not only did I see Bigfoot riding a unicorn but also saw a leprachaun riding Nessie.

I caught my first ever Nimmy Eye (after 20,000 hours fishing the lake) about 7:30pm. It was a nice 24 incher which was followed 20 minutes later by a 23 incher. I then lost one at the shore which was followed by a 21 incher. I lost another at the shore as I tried to rush landing it. I finished my epic night with a 14 incher.  All this happened in about 90 minutes. The good news is they are still stocking or they are reproducing as last known stocking was 2018. Sorry no pics, I have them and will attempt to post.

Justanothericehole

• View Profile

Dave_E

• View Profile
I've caught a handful bass fishing weed beds, but I really want one through the ice.  Haven't done that yet.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That is awesome!!!   Great news for the upcoming season!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

eyeshunter

• View Profile
LOL! That elusive Bigfoot and Unicorn.  Congrats on the epic saugeye day.

Vexilar