Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice season 21/22

fshman_165

• View Profile
Anybody have an idea of what the local water temps are?  And shoulder surgeries aren't bad, it's the 4 months of therapy that bites.
not sure where you are but my channel at Indian was frozen till the winds picked up later yesterday. Wind tonight is blowing  straight  down the channel with gusts up to 40mph. Water temp at my dock was 33.5 about 30 minutes ago. Channel has frozen on and off since 3rd week of November. If it’s wasn’t so windy the next few days it would freeze up quickly. Can’t give you any main lake temps.
If the  current forecast holds, it should make some channels walkable by the 20th. My channel just needs days in the low 30s with nights in the teens to 21 for about 5 to 7 days to be around 4 inches. High winds don’t help…
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 08:40:26 PM by fshman_165 »

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Thanks, fshman-165 !  Just the type reports and infor. we need . Keep us posted !
My best friends are ice holes.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Agreed!  Appreciate it.   Things are starting to look up for us! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

fshman_165

• View Profile
I ran over to have tires put on a vehicle and 90% of the main lake is iced up today. A few areas stayed open due to wind but they are closing up now. South and west shores are locked up. Blackhawk is locked up. Most areas are. Moundwood is still open.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 10:52:18 AM by fshman_165 »

columbusfire

• View Profile
Does it count as ice fishing if tomorrow, the ice isn't safe on my pond and I go out on my 4x8 Pelican bass raider boat?  ;D I can use my spud bar to get out to the deep water and drill off the side and ...............fish!! I may not break thru with the weight spread out and if I do, who cares? I'm in a boat!

fshman_165

• View Profile

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
I guess as long as there's a round hole with a line going down your ice fishing. I hope that the up and down weather pattern just stays down for a while. I hate getting my hopes up and then watch the weather and get P.O'd.  Fingers are crossed.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Definitely counts!!!   I’ve done that more than once on my dad’s small lake.   Fishing can be on fire that way.  Just pushed my flat bottom Jon boat out and had a rope tied to a big tree if I went through to make pulling the boat out and to shore easier.   Worked like a charm and never needed the rope! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

columbusfire

• View Profile
I have 4 inces on my small pond! Fished about 2 hours yesterday with the East wind. Wind from the East, fishing least. Wind from the West, fishing best was true. Drilled 5 holes in different depths, no bites. Will be out tomorrow.

columbusfire

• View Profile
Wow, the bite has been SLOW. Caught 1 dink perch yesterday. I wouldn't have noticed the bite if I wasn't watching my spring bobber. VERY light biter. It's still good to get out on the ice.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sweet!   That first one on the ice is always great to kick off the season. 

Team Wilcraft!

Fitzman

• View Profile
Does anyone have an idea of the ice thickness on Nimi?  I heard there were a few guys out there today.

Thanks,

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No I haven’t.   I’m sure it’s ready today though.   As well as OSP.  Checked both of those Tuesday and they were borderline.  After Friday and last night we should be good.  Only hope is the snowstorm tonight doesn’t kill everything.  There’s not that much of a base if we get the totals they are calling for of 8-12”. 

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar