Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1/24/2022 Ice Conditions

FallsOnIce

• View Profile
Went out to the OSP ramp to get the day started. Ice was 6-7" in the larger channel, right between the Sheriff's boat house and the golf course. Saw a lot of bluegill on my camera, but no bites. I moved to just south of the sail boat club, where the buoy for the speed zone sits during the summer for Turkeyfoot Lake. Around 5" in that area.

There is a large crack in the ice with a small area of open water, extending from the peninsula, headed towards Mud Lake.

floater99

• View Profile
What does OSP stand for,xcuse my not knowing TKS :-[

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Made it out on 4.5” in an area in northern PLX.   Bite was best I have ever had.  Couldn’t fish long between plows, but stayed an hour.   I dropped down the hole 30 times and caught 30 fish.   I’ve never ever had a day where I caught one every time.   Bluegill and crappies.   Range on crappie was 9-11” and gills were mostly 6-8.5”.  Maybe 5 or so total dinks.  But it’s getting good!   Watch, tomorrow I’ll be skunked.   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

FallsOnIce

• View Profile
I almost got skunked until I landed an 8" perch, and had a bass snap my line. I need to find better spots to fish.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
PM me your number and maybe we can meet up and I can show you some productive areas as a starting point. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar