Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice making rate chart

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Found this on another site and thought it would intrest some of you.  http://fishingvermont.net/images/Ice/Ice_th1.jpg
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's really cool.  Always wondered if there was some kind of chart for that.  Thanks for posting the link.  Looks like we'll start to get ice building this weekend, just to lose it all next week.  :'(  But Dick Goddard said week after next things are going to change in a big way, a good way for us ice fishermen!! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Notice how the amount per day diminishes as you get more and more ice.

This is why our ice almost never looks as good as on those lakes up north. They'll get a quick fishable base in just a couple of days, whereas we'll have to get perfect conditions for several days in a row to produce the same effect.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

toadfish

• View Profile
The link to the chart does not work any more, so here is a copy I saved.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar