Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Visual Check of Ice 12/14/10

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
Drove around the lakes today. Still lots of open water at Long and East Reserviors. The ice at North and Old State Park looked a little punky too... Still some snow on top. Looks like it's going to be awhile. The wind isn't allowing ice to form on East or Long, plus they are draining water out of Long, which causes current under the existing ice. Bad news there.

Every year, we all get antsy and catch ice fever, but please remember, safety first. I'd much rather read your fishing reports that your obituary.

Carl
Take a kid fishing and pass it on.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Thats to bad. i thought that Old State Park would be getting close
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
Maybe by the weekend... I plan on checking again Friday afternoon. I think I will only check Old State Park.
Take a kid fishing and pass it on.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I went out and checked it today. I really like the big barge they parked right in the path where everyone walks out. Not sure of what there doing with it but I would think they could have docked it up somewhere else. I drilled a hole right off the sea wall and there was 1 inch of good ice under 3 inch of hard white crunch. I drilled another hole of the boat ramp dock and it was the same case. I did catch a 4 inch rock bass standing on the dock. Hopefully that doesnt reflect how my season is going to go for me.lol. Wigfot looks a lot beeter though. I will post what I seen on that board.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Vexilar