Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 05:18:09 PM

Author Topic: 12-27 and 12-28  (Read 2833 times)

hawgjam

• View Profile
12-27 and 12-28
« on: December 29, 2010, 08:17:14 AM »

Fished from 6 till 5:30 or so on both days.  Hard fishing.  I just can't figure out the bite at this lake this year...frustrating.  Can't seem to find quality fish on or off structure.  Two throw back eyes on both days and only 12 keeper pan fish to show for two days worth of fishing.  Over two days I tried Northfork, Moundwood, Dunns, Pony, Blackhawk, and another place I don't want to mention because I seem to have it to myself ;D.  A lot of dragging the sled and drilling holes. 

triton189

• View Profile
Re: 12-27 and 12-28
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 09:33:27 AM »

Fished from 6 till 5:30 or so on both days.  Hard fishing.  I just can't figure out the bite at this lake this year...frustrating.  Can't seem to find quality fish on or off structure.  Two throw back eyes on both days and only 12 keeper pan fish to show for two days worth of fishing.  Over two days I tried Northfork, Moundwood, Dunns, Pony, Blackhawk, and another place I don't want to mention because I seem to have it to myself ;D.  A lot of dragging the sled and drilling holes. 

In my opinion the lake is out of balance. This is the reason you are catching so many dink bluegills, white bass, etc. The saugeye population has been "severly" reduced over the past five or so years and these little fish are not being kept in control by the larger saugeye. You could see it coming as the word got out Indian was the saugeye capital of Ohio. In my opinion the size limit that will be implemented this year came way to late...!

hawgjam

• View Profile
Re: 12-27 and 12-28
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 01:33:24 PM »

I've been thinking the same thing but I haven't wanted to say it out loud.  Kiser may have more saugeye in it than Indian right now.  I still want to try again.  If the ice holds up to the weather I'm just going to go light and hike around the lake until I find some.  There are some places I've always wanted to hit on the ice at Indian but I've never had much reason to leave the usual spots until now.     
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar