Ice Fish Ohio Forum

sunday 1/23 fair day

mudpup78

• View Profile
fished northend inbetween the island and bouyline, brought home 3 eyes 7 crappies, lost 1 eye on the vexlar line, threw a few crappy back, some nice crappies today, and stopped at lindas and picked up my entry form,   

Showdown

• View Profile
What color is your shanty? i was out there today and got 1 eye and quite a few decent crappies...

mudpup78

• View Profile
there was a blue right below me i think there was 1 guy in it he was there when i went out and was still there when i left,

BrownIce

• View Profile
i am going to the north tommrow where should i set up. and what do you recommend for lures and bait. i will let you know how i do.thank you in advance

mudpup78

• View Profile
 set-up between rattlesnake island and the third bouy , you will see 2 towers on the east shore line walk out towards them from the parking lot, try a small pimple silver/green with a very small minnow, about 6 inches off the bottom, jig about every 2 or 3 seconds let it bounce off the bottom up about 6 inches, i didnt catch nothing till 12:oo, good luck and let me know how you did, i  cant go back out till tuesday.

BrownIce

• View Profile
i am going i well let you know. i think that the water in that area is about 8 foot deep. i am gonna give it a try. i well keep you posted. thanks pup

mudpup78

• View Profile
the water is a little stained at the north end it is about 7 to 8 feet out there

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Its good to hear that the northend is getting some more action now. Keep up the good work and keep us all informed. thanks
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Sounds like you had a good day up North. I fished the South end down around cemetary and managed a few small crappie.
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

BrownIce

• View Profile
I went out today (1/24). I fished from 230 to 6 pm. I got 5 fat crappie and my buddy got 4 nice ones. I missed several fish. I set up 200 yards south of the 4th bouy. I caught them all on pinmins - blue glow in the dark. Jigged puppet minnows and vibies - no action.

mudpup78

• View Profile
hey brownice i will be out there tomorrow i will be in a black 2 man frabil shanty, if you make it out stop by and say hello, i hope to hit the ice by 10:00 in the morning, i should be around were you were  today

gmjohn81

• A Vexilar ahaulic!!!!
    • View Profile
Hey guys, im new to the area and im going to be out on skeeter off of 305 launch here in the AM.  Ill be in a clam 2000 with yellow tags on the zippers if anyones out there and wants to stop by. 
A bad day of fishing is better then a good day at work...Until you fall in!

Vexilar