Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Attention: Guests

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Hello to all,
I would like to say thanks for the awesome site and introduce my self.
I'm 31 year old avide outdoorsman (fishing all year, hunting, golfing, mushrooming, beerbdrinking American man.) 2 kids and  wife of 6 years that has a heart of gold. I got my 3 yr old daughter on the ice for the first time today. I'll post pics soon.
That being said, I wish I would've found this site sooner.
I fish all public water ways in Lorain county.
How do post on a lake that hasnt been previously posted on?
It is the only lake in LC that is fishable at this point.
Not all of us can get to pymatuming.
Please help and thanks.
Otho "Swedish pimple" Holcomb

Thought this was a valid? Fornthis section.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Welcome to the site!
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome, glad you're here.  To add a lake, PM David Hoheisiel, he can add it.  Until it's added, just post your report under general discussion. :)
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

theishmaster

• View Profile
Hi to all would like to know if there are make up dates for the ice fishing tournament on skeeter.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, check the mosquito lake thread. :)
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Greek562

• View Profile
Hello all new to this site and hope to be heading out on Sunday to Wilhelm in western PA. Will post how I do. Hoping to get on Berlin soon. Tight lines

rickiecatman

• View Profile
Been checking out this site for awhile decided it was time join.  Went to Indain lake last weekend fished Lucy's pond caught a lot of nice bluegills. Heading to preble county this weekend after perch. Then probably back to indain lake. Thanks for this site, it gives us guys that live farther south and idea on where to go without wasting  time, gas, money to drive some pkace . Hope to meet some of you on the ice before its gone.

muskarp

• View Profile
You know SS. I have met quite a few of the central Ohio guys on the ice at Alum and they pretty much never post, and they are the sites originators ???. BTW, Alums been handing it to me this year. But all she's doing is peeing me off and I'm going to open a can on her one of these days. Then I'll post.... with pictures. :o
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 09:08:32 PM by muskarp »

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Will look forward to those posts!! :D  The fish will come!

Team Wilcraft!

fisherfan

• View Profile
Hi Slabslayer I am new to the site and need some help on how to post different things. I only ask you because I see you fish Nimi a lot and so do I. Anyways nice to meet you. Thanks.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Send me a pm with what you need help on and I'll try to guide you thru it.   :)

Team Wilcraft!

backlash

• View Profile
hell-o. just joined and heading up for a couple of days of ice-fishing on ERIE! hope to get a few hogs!!

tjhartman

• View Profile
I'm  wanting to fish the western islands area of lake erie , looking for a guide or a means of transportation  out to a good area . I have equipment I've  used on local farm ponds but I've  never been on the big lake when it's frozen. Does anyone have a contact for me ? I've  been all over the Internet  but not having  any luck . I've  wondered about flying  out to south bass but I've  yet to find any info once I'd  get there.  I've  been told there's  a foot of snow which would make walking  2 to 5 miles pretty difficult . I'd  appreciate  any advice !

toadfish

• View Profile
Try looking under Lake Erie section towards the bottom.

I used Reel Sport Charters a while back and they did OK as far as a ride out to the fishing area.  I had all my own gear, just no way to get out to the fishing area.  I have seen some not-so savory reports on them and they may not be doing taxi rides out.  I found them on facebook or you can call 419-265-2736.

Islands area requires a plane ride and I don't imagine they will let you load a shanty.  If you are going that way, you might as well stay overnight and fish a couple days.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Bluegill Hog

• View Profile
This is my first time on the site and I decided to join.   I fish almost every day since I retired in July.  In the last week I fished Indian, Kiser, Buckeye and C.J. Brown reservoir.  It's been real slow lately.  Not sure what the problem is. I will be glad to let everyone know if the bite is on at a particular lake.

Vexilar