Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Final Call for IFO Wingfoot Get Together Saturday Feb. 5th

falbinki

• View Profile
i know it's last minute but i will be there to. not worried about eating so don't worry about food i know it's already bought. see you in the morning

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
No it not too late. I dont expect everyone thats going to be there to respond. I just asked so we could get an idea for food. And yes food is already bought but there is plenty for everyone plus extras. Hope to see even more of you out there.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Sounds like you all will have a great time. Wish i could make. Have fun, Be safe and make sure you take some pictures.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Casey Waldorf

• Ready to Ice Fish any time just let me know.
    • View Profile
Had a great time at Wingfoot. It was great to see and get to know some of you, hope to see some of you guys in the future. And thank you to (Hardwaterjunkie) For putting on a fun day. And thank you to (Slabjunkie) for the tips and tricks it was very helpful hope to fish with you anain.

Casey Waldorf

• View Profile
Thought some people might want to know this.

What Are Parasites?
Parasites are living things that live off other living things. The fleas on a fox, the worms in your cat, and the gut-busting microorganisms you boil or filter out of your water when camping are all parasites. They are arguably among the most successful animals on Earth.
To anybody who is fascinated by the diversity of life, it doesn't get any better than parasites. Many have elaborate life cycles during which they change form and move from one animal to another. They tolerate a wide range of environmental conditions. They can produce tremendous numbers of young. And they have a variety of amazing adaptations that help them find, hang onto, and draw sustenance from other creatures.
Here are a few of the most common and most visible fish parasites.
Black Spot Disease, Uvulifer ambloplitis
Have you ever caught a fish that looked like someone had sprinkled it with coarse-ground pepper? You were likely looking at black spot disease, caused by the larval stage of certain flukes that live as adults in fish-eating birds. Any fish can become infected. The most frequently infected are sunfish, yellow perch, northern pike, bass, and other fish that live in shallow water and vegetated areas where birds and snails are found.
Life Cycle: 1 The adult fluke lives in the digestive tract of fish-eating birds, typically kingfishers or herons. It produces eggs, which pass from the bird in its droppings. The eggs hatch in water, liberating larvae called miracidia that swim around until they encounter a snail.
2 After digging their way into the snail, the miracidia form mother sporocysts. Mother sporocysts produce sporocysts that invade the snail's liver. In about six weeks, each sporocyst produces another form called a cercaria.
3 Cercariae emerge from the snail into the water. They seek out a fish and penetrate its flesh, forming cysts just under the skin and in the flesh.
4 If a bird eats infected fish, the parasites leave the cysts and mature in the digestive tract of the bird, starting the cycle again.
Effects on Fish: Black spot is rarely fatal to fish. A heavy infection may make a fry's eyes bulge. If heavily infected fish live in stressful conditions (poor nutrition, injury, crowding, etc.), they could die.
Effects on People: Black spot disease is not harmful to humans. However, you may find the spots unappetizing. Your best bet is simply to remove the skin and cysts in the flesh before cooking the fish.

bluegillkiller

• View Profile
me and my son had a blast thanks hardwater for puttin it on when is the next one was nice to meet alot of people

Casey Waldorf

• View Profile

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
Good job on the get-together. The fishing was pretty good for Nick and I (24 crappie) and the food was great. Really hit the spot and warmed us up.

Always good to meet a few new folks and get out on the ice!

Take a kid fishing and pass it on.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

ice phisher

• View Profile
bluegillkiller.........Hey man.......Thats quite a fishin buddy ya got there.......your gonna get a life time of pleasure outta that boy.....
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

spoonchucker

• View Profile
my son and i had a blast, it was great meeting you all. thank you Hardwater Junkie for organizing the event. looking forward to upcoming events. we may have had a slow day, but we had fun, and that is all that matters. food was fantastic, again thank you :) (it is called fishing, not catching)

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
I had fun today thanks for everything hardwater i caught 38 crappie and 8 gills.
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile

Vexilar