Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Wow noone fishing this place

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
we drove past this place last week and wow what a cool lake.  i was shocked to not even see a trail out on the ice.  i wonder what the issue is.  would love to go hit it up.  thinking of making a trip there this summer.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I think his point was that he was surprised that no one was fishing there and that he wants to fish it this summer.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey fathead yeah its a nice lake i fish it as much as i can in summer but its a strech since i live in akron,i almost went down last weekend but fishin bud had to work at last minute..there are some nice fish alot of the lake is 20 ft. found some nice places on the fish finder. caught crappie,wallys,white bass,cats,gills....and your right i dont see any body icen there last year i was the only one all day when i was there but i do think a trip this weekend is in order...hope to see ya down there.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
whats your point of posting overcheck?  nothing constructive with your post.

thanks snowcone that is what i was looking for.  my main concern was wondering if there was something missing about the lake for ice fishing i was missing like unsafe ice or something.  with the reports i read on dnr i would of thought this place would be nice for the locals.  im about 3.5hrs away from the lake so i wanted to make sure it was worth my time to try to make it for ice fishing or just wait til summer.

well i hope to make it down and see ya.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Looks like a cool lake by the way the map reads.
Good luck if you get out there.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah fat head i always have drama on where to go so many places and not enough time...ha ha u do have to watch the ice there some years it just crummy if it doesnt freeze good...i can pin point ya some of the hot spots i have found there .....where do you live that far away? ; ;D

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
im by lima in nw ohio.

yea i would def be down for a few pointers:)

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
shoot lima is a bunch of steps to tappan thats like me wanting to go to chetaquea in ny and ice fish there....but since i dont know much about w side of state cause i live in akron but should u go there id be glad to share with ya what iv learned down there...soon wallys and white bass will run rivers, and trout!!!! thats where ill be in my waders..

Vexilar