Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Wisconsin Update

davek · 11 · 4998

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
OK Russ I'm not trying to make you cringe or rub it in, sad to hear your season in Ohio has come to an end, once again remember those dryer sheets in your shanties to keep the critters out. We are still fishing on 2 feet of ice in 30 foot of water and the walleye and sauger bite has been great here in SW Wisconsin. The bad news is I have been fighting a terrible cold and have not been able to participate this week yet. If any of you diehards want to make the trip let me know. I expect our conditions to hold up through the weekend of the 12th if not longer. Word is the panfish bite has been good but I haven't tried that in 3 weeks now. Take care everyone and please remember to teach a child to fish this summer Dave

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
you are fortunate to live where they can do some SERIOUS ice fishing. hope you get to feeling better so you can put a few more on the ice before spring comes to your neighborhood.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Where at in WI are you? I may just have to come up before we leave for FLA. It kills me to read there is still 2 ft of ice. I would really like to try out my new eskimo shark z51 on some real ice. I probly wouldnt be able to come but would love to. Were planing a trip to WI for a week next year. My son is still to young to get out so do you have any ideas of where to go that I can get on some good fish but also do family things?
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Tim
   I'm in SW Wisconsin where the mississippi and Wisconsin Rivers meet. If you're planning a family trip try The Dells off of I90 west of Madison, a lot of indoor water parks to choose from, shopping for the other half, and you can get some great lodging deals in late Jan-Feb  Lake Delton is right there and the Walleye fishing this year has been great but no size as it is the lake that was drained in the floods of 2008 and had to be restocked they did put in a lot of artificial reefs when they rebuilt the levy. Mirror Lake is close by with excellent northern pike walleye and panfish. That time of year you can drive right out on the lake if you do make the trip let me know I might be able to pack the boys up and join you for a couple of days. Dave

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Well..... I just talked to the wife and seeing that she is going on vacation with her mom this summer without me because of my work she wants me to get a few guys together and go up and fish without her. She said it would be no fun with the family because all I would want to do is fish while Im doing the family thing. Im sorry to say what she is right. I love my family and love spending time with them but when comes to being on a fishing trip I cant help it. So i need to start looking now for what I want to do. So many choices. Maybe we can get some IFO guys to come up and show all the WI guys how its done.  ;D

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
That sounds great stop by in Westerville and pick up that guy in the yellow suit and my niece. She'll show us all up.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Im sure with all the time we have this summer we can work something out

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
gosh u guys are already havin fun ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Well guys I wasn't sure about posting this but you all deserve to know there are alternatives, We are still on the ice up here and with a little luck it will last through the middle of next week. caught several sauger and eyes though not much size to them one 18 inch, the biggest sauger was 12 inch. I drove upriver 70 miles to Lacrosse Wi wednesday and saw 200 to 300 fisherman on the ice trying for panfish in the backwaters. The Walleye bite has been strong at the spillways too (soft water). It will come to an end fast though as they are predicting near record flooding as the thaw approaches. ThaTS  all for now Be safe God bless and go BUCKS. Dave

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
It's a sad day here in SW Wisconsin, ice is gone time to pack and store the gear for another year, the 1 1/2 inches of rain was just too much. However as you all know when one door closes another opens, I would love to take the time to write more but I have to get the boat out and ready to hit the Lock and Dam at Lynxville to take part in the walleye run. Take care God Bless. Dave

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey now were havin fun our wally run is just started in the rivers in nw ohio and the action is heating up good fishin ::)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar