Ice Fish Ohio Forum

started packing my stuff

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
what a feeling when you have to put all the ice gear away for ten months i hope it goes by fast!
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

floater99

• View Profile
I got all my ice stuff AWAY :P The only thing to look frwd to now is  :-X TRKYHNTN 8).Seems like every ice year is shorter n shorter.Still a lot of fun.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah was packin my stuff and found some maggies  :o now the birds are enjoying them :D dont be sad mitch time will go by fast enough... i will be trowin fish out the shed while ur drillin ur holes  he he ::)   i already have plans in the works for blades,new lines,lures,ect.....  ;) im thinkin of building a variety of sleds over the summer and seeing how that goes what u think ?? :P  oh gotta go south park is on  ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
i will be trowin fish out the shed while ur drillin ur holes  he he
Thank You Snowcone for the comic relief I needed after reading Mitch's sad and depressing post.  ;D I never really put all my stuff away. I get out my gear a few times over the summer to check it out and dream of better days to come. Just over 10 months and counting. I may start a count down on here so we can all watch the days drop off.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey hardwaterjunkie you shouldnt play with ur junk  he h eehe ;D  but you know the next ice will be here soon right??  and if u start a count down already u will just make yourself nuts heh :P tell u what freeze a big pan of water and when u get the urge take it out drill a hole and stare down it with ur pole in ur hand and go here fishy ;D ;D :D ;) no ? a crumbs i tried.....i might do some research this summer about sharpening blades i know alot of people have blades that are dull..right since i was in machining the right equipt. would do the trick   wat u think??/

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
glad u got a kick outta that ;D ;D ;D 

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
If you figure out a good way to sharpen blades and will keep an edge you may have a good way to support your hard water addiction. I have tried over the years to sharpen mine but they go dull a lot quiker then new ones. I got a few sets that need sharpend that Ill give you my business. I can see it now "Snowcones Blade Sharpening Service". I say go for for it. If you need any help give me a holler as I may have some ideas on getting you some business. I dont have a lot of traffic to my website yet as Im still working on it but I would be more then happy to advertise your services. there are also other ways to get the word out. Give me a shout when your ready.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
he hwjunkie thats a good idea . have researched a little on professional grinders and found cost of such start up deal around 1,300 buckaroos  :o the reason hand sharpening is tough is the angles are convex...try that with stone :-[ :'(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:07:42 PM by snowcone »

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
You may be able to find a used machine cheaper out there also. This isnt the type of invest you make back right away. But over a couple seasons you would make your money back plus more and then after that your all free and clear. We will talk soon instead of out in the open here and put some ideas together. I leave for Key West on the 16th and will be gone for a month so we can meet up before or after. Let me know whens good for you

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ok guy i will catch up with ya on this later date  k  enjoy the summer....

let it freeze

• View Profile
Don't quote me on this I was told that the factory blades are sharpened with a laser.That is why we can't resharpen them.If that is true I don't really know.

Vexilar