Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Shanty Site

erierider · 15 · 12097

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Guys, Happy New Year. I know the guys up north of us have been fishing for awhile so when I went to purchase a shanty from red rock, I found that many of their selection was sold out. I ended up locating a site out of Minnesota that had a better price and had the shanty I wanted. Not sure if you guys have dealt with them before but they were good and my shanty shipped quick. Here is the site www.northamericanoutdoors.net just click on ice shelters and gear. Hope this helps if you can't find what you need.
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
we are supose to label Shanties of name Address Ect. what does any one use to do that?  I have new one and was wondering

let it freeze

• View Profile

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I know a lot of guys that dont but I do. Its not worth the costs of the fine to just label it to me. You never know when the officer is having a bad day and is going to follow every rule in the book
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
Thanks where do you attatch and how large does it need to be?

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
i just put my name and add. on with a black marker.

floater99

• View Profile
I use a piece of constuction paper put name address on it with magic mrkr
You should have a pouch of some kind on shanty?,put paper with info in side of pouch.My clam has a plastic pouch on outside just for this.Post youre info on shanty its not worth the ticket,i hear 100 bks fine?.

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
the states going broke, just like everyone in it. they'll get every penny they can. zip tie a luggage tag to your door zipper. i don't think there's a size for the lettering, just name and address in english.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
im glad you guys brought this up my eskimo pop up came with a big pouch i have my info in it but guess i just got lazy but u bet ill be putting it out  because ur right there broke and were just another another money target......
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
Thanks guys I have Clam Nanook did not see a tag insert but will put a luggage tag on zipper.  Good fishin

overcheck

• View Profile
I used a black sharpe with 1 inch letters

skunkedagain

• View Profile

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I was hoping they would have the Clam Pro TC. The hunt continues
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
FYI: The ODNR Wildlife Officers are checking Shanty's for Ownership Tags.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
Thanks guys I have Clam Nanook did not see a tag insert but will put a luggage tag on zipper.  Good fishin

That's what the clear pouch is for on the front.
The first tip up that can be fished on ice and land.

www.quickfishtipup.com

Vexilar