Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Artifical Maggots

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Berkley sells these GULP artifical maggots and I have never used them for ice fishing.  I was wondering if anyone has ever tried them and what were your results?
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
i have tried them thank to hard water junkie i cant say there are the best but when the bite is fast i will use them plus live bait just so i can get it back down the hole faster and have did well hard water has had better luck than me i hope this helps
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
I have used the waxworm and shiner and had a lot of luck with them but I must also say the bite was just as good at the same time with live waxies and minnows

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I have had good luck with them but like Mitch said mainly when the bite is hot. I have better luck when the fish are finiky with live bait or finesse plastics. I use the gulp maggots a lot when I'm using small swedish pimples and sitting on top of a school of crappie. When your into a school of fish the last thing you want to do is to rebait your hook after each fish.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I've used them as well, they work when the fish are on, or after I've used live bait to get them going.  But if the bite's slow, or I'm calling in fish, nothing works like the real thing.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar