Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Nimi ice today

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Three of us hit Nimisila Res. today.  Ended up venturing out to find 3.5 - 4 inches of ice.  We set up fairly shallow at 4 feet with nothing to show.  Then two brave souls  decided to move farther out to 5 foot of water.  In total 7 people gathered out at 5 foot of water and began to catch Crappies and Gills!  I was the landing 3" gills while everyone else kept catching nice big 8-10" gills!  It was good to get out and I was glad to see some quality keeper fish being caught.  I always figured Nimisila to have small bluegill, now I know better.  I packed extra light.  Two rods, my vex and a bucket.  Everyone else brought everything they owned!  I was very very leary of the ice, but no one else seemed to be bothered by it.  It was a good day.  I got to see a Jawjacker do its thing and also a Marcum Showdown.  Very nice pieces of ice equipment.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Where were you at on Nimi- C-5?
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Minnowhead

• View Profile
There is a little bay off of South Main you can see through the woods.  Would be on the west side of the lake.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Is that the small bay on the south side of the lake where the boat ramp is off of main st.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Minnowhead

• View Profile
In between the dam and the boat ramp, yep!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wonder if it survived and is still fishable today or tomorrow.  We got a lot of rain and runoff.  Temps tonight and tomorrow aren't going to help, for that matter, this whole week's not going to help.  Probably going to be at least a week again before we get on ice at this rate.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
If I remember correctly that launch is bad for run off water. It has that long stright road that goes to the parking lot. The water funnels in from main st. down the road, thru the parking lot and right down the ramp. Thats a lot of water funneling into a small area. I wonder how the c-5 campground bay is looking? I would think that it is more protected from the elements unless the wind is coming in fro the south
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too.  I wanted to go to C-5 today, but the weather and work had other plans.  Got a job in Toledo, so looks like 2 more days this week will be making that trip.  Not sure which days yet though.  Good thing is someone else can drive and I can sit on the computer and look at IFO for 2 1/2 hours one way!!  ;D ;D

Team Wilcraft!

Minnowhead

• View Profile
I never saw a track at C-5 camp ground area.  Only fishable spot was the South Main area.  I did see springs bubbling up here and there.  I would say the ice is shot till colder air arrives.  I'm guessing sometime in Feb.

skunkedagain

• View Profile
I checked the ice today and the main part of the lake over the deeper water is open again, the protected bays are still covered though. I didn't even try to stand on the ice. Sure could use a shot of cold air.

Vexilar