Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Former buckeye living in Wisconsin.

niC · 9 · 9858

niC

• View Profile
From old school browns fan (before the Baltimore sellout) to a born again cheesehead. Yup fishing here is good but I miss the eye factory sometimes. I remember when the hot new bait was an Erie Dearie.  ;D
Looking forward to talking ice fitchin and maybe plan a ice trip as I have never ice fished Erie.
Former Buckeye transformed into a cheesehead.
Fish Now! You'll be dead a long time!

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I know how you feel I am a former Cheesehead and got missplaced in Ohio I sure do miss fishing some of the lakes back home but the one thing that I dont miss is the people and their fast boats that fly past you while your fishing.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome!  Glad you found us.  I remember the Erie Dearie being the new craze as well.  We'll definately have to do Erie sometime.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Hi niC welcome to Wisconsin like you i am a displaced ohioan I still bleed scarlet and grey and continue to root for my browns. I am in SW Wi on the mississippi Hope to catch up with you sometime. We started a site called wisconsinhardwater.com check us out

skunkedagain

• View Profile
Welcome aboard. It is regrettable that this ice season has been so crappie or should I say without crappie.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
you know i can relate 2  u guys , im from los angeles and somehow the taste of salt water in the air never has left my nose....and i  jokingly  call ohio a mud hole because of all the other states i lived and fished in   ..... ;D but now i have landed here  :-\   bummer............
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

niC

• View Profile
Nice to meetcha all.
Because I never got into ice fishing when I lived in Ohio Im wondering how popular it is now? On a weekend just how many people would be fishing like LaDue or west branch or Wallace Lakes? Those were some of the inland lakes I fished in Greater Cleveland area.  I know some of the lakes around here can look like a Walmart parking lot on Xmas eve.
Former Buckeye transformed into a cheesehead.
Fish Now! You'll be dead a long time!

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Yes most inland lakes in Wisc look like a Walmart parking lot on christmas on any given day we cheeseheads are very crazy for doing what we love but hay gotta do what ya love.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
now thats funny stuff thee .. i know you guys have good ice and fab fishin.. but its pretty popular here in the buckeye... even wall mart started carrying ice gear this year...the trouble is our lakes arent very deep and we have alot of farm run off so the water is usually green
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar